Anyway, since there has been little activity in the kitchen this week. I thought I'd take this opportunity to take part in the meme for which Rosie from Rosie Bakes a 'Peace' of Cake tagged me earlier in the week. For those who have not yet discovered Rosie's blog, do take a look - she cooks up mouthwatering cakes and bakes (among other things) that have me wanting to run to her door for a slice on a very regular basis. Thank you, Rosie, for tagging me!
The rules of this meme are very simple:1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their Blogs. Here are seven random facts about me.
I'm stretching the rules slightly (I hope you will let me off seeing as I am poorly). I haven't tagged anyone in particular - I see that most of those I would like to tag have already taken part in this meme. I would instead, like to proffer an open invitation to anyone reading this to please take part. Rosie - I hope you don't mind. Maybe I will try to be more specific once I am feeling a little better!
I don't like to deprive you all of photos for too long though so I am using this as a good excuse to share a few more of my South Africa photos from my recent trip. Hope you enjoy them!
1. I come from a large family. Counting my parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews, it comes to 19 people. Counting aunts, uncles and cousins on my mother's side, we are well into the hundreds! I am the youngest 'sibling' by 11 years and therefore have eight nephews and nieces despite being just 28.
2. I am, sadly, unable to eat shellfish. This has been the case for around15 years now - I would have no idea how to cook any form of shellfish if it found its way into my kitchen.
3. I have a 'thing' about stars. I collect antique glasses etched with stars, all my plates and dishes have stars on them and I have a necklace I wear most of the time in the shape of a huge silver star.
4. I am not especially keen on rice. Especially white rice which, to me, has a most off-putting smell.
6. I absolutely adore Hot Cross Buns. At any time of day or night.
7. My favourite UK city is... Edinburgh. By miles and miles and miles...