A super speedy weeknight supper which is also rather tasty from the excellent BBC Good Food (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/). Great for the summer when you fancy something meaty but also crave fresh flavours. The coriander and lemony marinade for the courgettes work really well with the lamb. The courgettes make a great side for lots of other meat dishes too. Or great with other griddled veg as the base of a pasta sauce.
Ingredients (serves 4)
4-6 lamb chops (depending on size though I find most people will eat two)
50g roasted peanuts
20g pack of coriander
4 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
Juice of one lemon
1 clove chopped garlic
More Olive oil
Mixed dried herbs
1. Whizz together the peanuts, coriander, oil and garlic to make your pesto.
2. Cut the courgettes into long strips and place in bowl with marinade ingredients (lemon, good glugs of olive oil, chopped garlic, lots of dried herbs, salt and pepper).
3. Rub chops in a little oil and season to taste. I added a few more dried herbs here too, just for good measure.
4. Grill the chops for 5 minutes each side. Meanwhile heat a griddle pan until very hot and griddle the courgettes, resisting the temptation to turn too early so that you ensure the nice blackened stripes on each side of the strips.
5. Serve the chops with the pesto drizzled over.